Saturday, November 5, 2011

Did Michael Jackson Want White Children, If So Why? (Part 1 of 2)

In a previous blog entry we discussed how some accused Michael Jackson of wanting to be white.  One of the biggest offenders of this was Bob Jones in his book "Michael Jackson: The Man Behind the Mask", which was supposed to be a true account on Michael Jackson. Yeah, right!  I'm sure if you've been reading my blog up to this point you know I don't consider this book a great read on Michael Jackson. (I consider it more of an ex-employee with an ax to grind).  Bob Jones actually went as far as to call Michael a racist against his own race and thinking he was above the black community. Funny thing was while reading this book I had to wonder who the real racist here was. Bob Jones would constantly refer to the young friends of Michael Jackson, such as McCauley Culken and others as little white boys. Bob Jones was not the only one who thought this, there were those who thought that not only did Jackson want to be white but he wanted his own children to be white as well, and that is why he had Caucasian children.


Is there any truth to this claim? Did Michael Jackson want white children, and if so why? Well, as sad as it is for me to admit I can see why this claim is actually out there, because there is one argument that could back it up. Let's look at this claim more closely, and then maybe I can give you a viable reason as to why this could be the case without necessarily implicating Michael as being a racist against his own race as others have claimed:

·       Michael Jackson married not one, but two white women:
Very true, I have written blog entries about both of these marriages. I would venture to say that Lisa Marie was the great love of Jackson's life, white, black or polka dot, it didn't matter. Michael loved her and he wanted to have children with her, which was never to be the case as we all know.
Lisa Marie and Michael Jackson
in happier times.
·      Then there is Debbie Rowe, I have stated also in previous blog entries that they had a close knit friendship. That she had known Jackson for years and offered to be a surrogate for him. They ended up marrying, and of course having two children together.

Debbie Rowe and Michael Jackson
with Prince and Paris in earlier times.
      Once again, did race play a factor, maybe (I will get into why later), but at the same token the fact that this was someone that Michael probably trusted a great deal was probably more of a factor to him agreeing to let her be the mother of his children than anything else. As for Blanket's mother, no one knows who she is. According to Michael in the "Living with Michael Jackson" documentary she was African American, and I don't see any reason not to believe him.


So did Michael Jackson just marry the women he did without thinking about race, or did he do it subconsciously in regards to the race issue?  I can't really say for sure, but I do think there is one important reason he might have done it which I will further address in the next blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment